Trash and Recycling Transition - October - December 2022
Trash and recycling services for Ironwood Crossing are transitioning to the responsibility of the Town of Queen Creek in late September, with the first trash and recycling pickup anticipated in October. Billing for trash and recycling services will now be reflected as a line item on your water utility bills from the Town of Queen Creek, with the base rate of $16.22 per month. Residents can expect to see this charge on the Town's bill in late October/early November 2022.
Due to this transition of service, the Board of Directors has approved a $12 per month reduction in monthly assessments for October, November, and December 2022 to $171 per month (Note: assessment rates for 2023 have not been solidified by the Board and may be adjusted again on January 1).
How the reduction was calculated:
- In the 2022 budget, trash service was budgeted at $13.79 per household each month.
- Due to a fuel surcharge, there was an increase in the trash cost per household to $15.51 for the months of July-September, 2022.
- The Association took the remaining estimated budget for October, November, and December and divided it by the number of households.
- That amount per household was then divided by 3 for the three months that Ironwood Crossing will not be paying trash services.
- The estimated credit for each resident would be $11.73 for the months of October, November, and December.
- The Board of Directors agreed to round the number to $12.
Why this transition?
Ironwood Crossing was annexed into the Town of Queen Creek in 2018, with trash and recycling services scheduled to transition to Queen Creek in October 2022 to align with the expiration of Ironwood Crossing’s current trash services contract.
With Queen Creek trash services, residents can now access monthly bulk pickups, household hazardous waste vouchers, recycling events, discounted rates at the transfer station, and a neighborhood drop-off center.
Learn more about Queen Creek’s trash and recycling services here: Queen Creek Trash and Recycling Services
What do I need to do with the trash and recycling carts?
Residents will continue to use the current trash and recycling carts (brown with black lid for trash, brown with blue lid for recycling) with the last service pickup on September 28. The residents' current carts will be removed after they have been serviced and emptied on this date.
New trash and recycling carts (tan for trash, blue for recycling) will be delivered starting on September 26 for trash and recycling pickup starting the first week of October. Additional clarifying information will be sent from the Town of Queen Creek.
How do I pay the reduced assessment?
Because monthly assessments will be reduced by $12 per month for October, November, and December, some billing updates may be necessary.
Direct debit users - NO ACTION NECESSARY
Your account will automatically update to the new monthly assessment of $171.00.
Recurring payment users (on Pacific Western Bank) - ACTION REQUIRED!
Your account will NOT automatically update to the new assessment value. These amounts will need to be updated on Pacific Western Bank by logging into your account and updating your payment amount. You can contact Pacific Western customer service for assistance with your account adjustment by calling toll-free at 888-705-0600, Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time.
Bill payment users (issuing payment on your bank’s bill payment center) - ACTION REQUIRED!
Your account will NOT automatically update to the new assessment value. These amounts will need to be updated on your bank’s billing site.
Pre-Paid Assessments for all of 2022 – NO ACTION NECESSARY
Your account will indicate a $12 per month ($36 total for three months) credit. When paying the assessments for 2023, the $36 credit can be used to offset the assessments paid. Please note, refunds will not be provided.
Throughout this transition, we will send reminders through social media, blurbs in the weekly e-newsletters, and any special update emails along the way.
Timeline of Transition
- Mid-August - Outreach letter mailed by the Town of Queen Creek to Ironwood Crossing residents.
- Throughout September - The Town of Queen Creek will send reminders to Ironwood Crossing residents on Nextdoor.
- September 10 - The Association will host a Touch-a-Truck event. Waste Connections, Queen Creek Police and Fire Departments, ELS Landscape and Food Trucks will be at the Ira A Fulton Aquatic Center parking lot from 9-10:30 a.m. A representative from the Town of Queen Creek will be on-site to answer questions.
- Mid-September - The Town of Queen Creek will send reminders to Ironwood Crossing residents on Nextdoor regarding the upcoming delivery of new carts and removal dates of current carts.
- Mid-September - The Town of Queen Creek will mail an “Important Notice” postcard to the Ironwood Crossing residents about the upcoming transition dates.
- Late September - The Town of Queen Creek will send a reminder to the Ironwood Crossing residents on Nextdoor to leave RAD carts out after service on September 28 and not to use them after.
- September 26 - The NEW Town of Queen Creek Trash & Recycling carts will start to be delivered to Ironwood Crossing residents.
- September 28 - LAST DAY OF RAD Trash & Recycling Service. Carts will start being removed after they are serviced and emptied.
- October 5 -The first day of trash and recycling pick up with the Town of Queen Creek.
- Late October/early November - Ironwood Crossing residents can expect to get their first Trash & Recycling charge on their utility bill for the Town of Queen Creek for October services.